From: Ozersky, Joshua A <OzerskyJA@corning.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Monday, July 26, 1999 2:30 PM
Subject: Problems with 3-way

> There are a lot of things that smell bad about this three way.
>
> 1.  We give up Antoine Walker and Ron Mercer for Vin Baker and Ron Artest.
Even if you consider Walker and Baker a wash, which nobody does, why would
we trade a quality NBA starter like Ron for a late first round pick?
Doesn't make sense.

> 2.  Baker has been conspicuously fat recently.  Wally Walker says "Vin has
to work out on his own more."  OK.  Walker is being traded supposedly
because he hasn't lost enough weight and missed a date with his trainer.
And this is who we're trading him for?  Doesn't make sense.

> 3.  Baker is a pure half court player.  Why would Pitino, who loves his
pressing system above all else, trade for a guy that can't excel in it?
Doesn't make sense.

> 4.  Finally, why would Seattle, a team based on defense, trade for Toni
Kukoc, one of the softest defensive players in the league?  Doesn't make
sense.

> This trade won't happen.  Ron will traded, hopefully for somebody tough
like Fortson.  Antoine and Tony are here to stay.  So let it be written; so
let it be done.