: Did anybody see Up Close

He further mentioned:

1.  He would love to have Vin Baker in Celtic Green.

2.  Five players have been involved in trade talks.

3.  The playoff statement was made prior to the draft.  He      thought
that Van Horn and Duncan would in Celtic Green

4.  Kenny Anderson was suspended for one game.  However, he       was not
fined.

**Dorine did a super job of given the first report!!!!

Greg
gh18@juno.com

I did, Josh.
    He was his usual, charming self - said Kenny hadn't been involved in
=
any trade talks because they have to pay his entire salary this year and
=
the only way that could happen is in a blockbuster trade of some sort.  =
He loves Kenny Anderson, he's a great guy.  Said he was happy coaching =
the Celtics and that Gaston is not about to buy out his contract, that =
he had just inquired into Rick's FedEx charges :) - so he won't be =
wanting to buy a contract out.  He wished all players would be in the =
shape of Paul Pierce - raved about him.  He also said, in response to a =
question about his Kentucky players, that the Kentucky players he has =
here he's' fond of but are not the closest to him - that Mashburn was =
like a son to him.  (Hope I got that name right - the one people have =
speculated he'd like to sign)  There seemed to be an asterisk involved =
with his answers about Antoine - doesn't question the desire but you got
=
the impression he does question some things.  He said he expected his =
team to go much further this year, or "no more Rick" - and that he keeps
=
repeating to them what Bill Russell said - that he thought in terms of =
team, not individuals. =20
    Hope this helps - maybe someone else who saw it can add more.  I =
missed a few minutes of it as I was cooking dinner.

Dorine
----- Original Message -----=20