Re: Pinto interview -Reply -Reply

>>> Bruce Allen <ballen007@yahoo.com> 07/21/99 10:48am >>>
Well said Jim. I was about to say something to Ryan as
well, but you said it for me.  <<<

And what--pray tell--could you possibly say?  I don't happen to have
a high opinion of Pitino as an NBA coach.  My statement clearly reflected
that sentiment.  I interpreted Jim's response to be about the near
stream-of-consciousness posting backlash that occurs every time "the
Rickster" & staff open their mouths, not as a repudiation of my
comments, as you seem to have interpreted it.

One of the most frustrating aspects of this list is member intolerance for
opinions that lack philosophical alignment with the status quo. For your
information, I'm just as entitled to express my dissatisfaction with the
players, the coaching staff, or what I perceive to be a tiresome Pitino trait
(constant spin doctoring) as you are to hang on the man's every word
like the gospel.  That doesn't mean that I'm any less of a fan of the
Celtics.  Rather, it's indicative of our differing viewpoints; while the glass
might seem to be half full to you, it's decidedly half empty for me.

And while this may come as a surprise to you, Bruce, my fan-dom of the
Celtics (which I believe to be the greatest professional sports franchise,
bar none, in history) began long before Pitino came on the scene.  It will
certainly transcend his coaching tenure, so if I want to criticize him, I'll do
so without regard to the "threat" of you or any other Pitino-lemming
putting me in my place.

End of rant.
Ryan