RE: Oakland Press (TSN): Detroit Wants Mercer, But Don't Have Enough To Offer

I would take Stackhouse for Mercer, I am not sure we are going to get a
better deal. I still would pursue an Anderson & Mercer for Hardaway deal or
somehow deal him in a three way for Vin Baker without moving AW or Pierce,
or even Battie.

.
.

On Sunday, July 18, 1999 6:48 AM, Way Of The Ray
[SMTP:wayray@ix.netcom.com] wrote:
> The Sporting News
>

>       Detroit Pistons
>       Team Report posted JULY 17, 1999
>
>       By TSN correspondent
>       Steve Addy
>       Oakland (Mich.) Press
>       <Snip>
>       The Pistons want to get in on the Ron Mercer trade derby -- he
would be a
>       nice replacement for Joe Dumars -- but they don't have enough to
offer,
>       not unless the Celtics suddenly want Jerry Stackhouse or Bison
Dele. They
>       apparently aren't interested in either player, both of whom the
Pistons
>       are looking to trade when the right offer comes along. . . .
>

>       Privacy Policy. © 1999 Times Mirror Interzines, a division of Times
Mirror