Re: The Tennis

Dan Forant Sr wrote:

> My turn. Davis Cup play sucks. 9-10 Americans don't know what it is in the
> fist place. And other countries haven't done sort of illegal things in the
> past against us? Sampras never should have come back to Davis Cup, the US
> doesn't deserve him. He is the greatest ever to play the game. You don't
> have to play or work for your government to be a great American, especially
> our present government. Martin is a class guy, but  can't win the big ones.
> Now I feel better, don't pick on Pistol.

Pistol Pete's the greatest ever??

Now thats almost like saying Michael Jordan's better than Bill Russell - yes,
he'll get the teeny bopper marks because no one my age saw Russell play, but those
with the real opinion always go back and say that Russell was the greatest. You
know who I believe? The people who saw Russell *and* Jordan play.
Pete's a great player by all means, but he isn't the greatest, I mean if it
hadn't  have been for the knee injury to the Scud, Pete wouldn't have won
Wimbledon.. but as I said in a previous post this month is absolutely killing me..

I want the moratorium(sp?) to get over and done with so we can talk about the
Celtics w/o the speculation and can talk about our additions/subtractions etc,
etc.

Warwick