Re: PF Possibilities

Yes, it will be tough for the Celtics to attract the more desirable
free agents with their $2M exception, because money being equal,
a lot of vets want to play for a contender. Of course, it's possible
that Pitino could offer a three year exception contract with an
under-the-table promise for a bigger extension.

As for a sign and trade, I would imagine that it might become more
possible if the Clippers can't attract enough quality free agents
to fill up their cap space. Then they might be inclined to take
one of our lesser players (not Battie) plus a couple second rounders
in a sign and trade for Rogers.

Alex