Re: Sports Guy

Josh -- I agree wholeheartedly with many of the points in that lengthy piece
you posted. Specifically, I would love to see Walker benched the next time he
hoists up a 20 footer with 19 left on the clock.

One critique I would add to Pitino's performance, and that I think is directly
related to the team's propensity to "quit" late in games when behind: What
kind of coach and motivator says, midway through a season, that this season is
a wash and that we'll make the playoffs "next year?" What the hell kind of
incentive is that for the players? Can you imagine Larry Bird, or Dave Cowens,
saying that?

Also, it's a bit ironic that Pitino included Mercer among the kinds of
hard-working guys he wants to get in here. What a difference a few million
dolars can make.