Re: Lets see how much Larry likes Kenny....

> Subject: Lets see how much Larry likes Kenny....
> Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 05:23:21 +1000
> From: Warwick <giants@eisa.net.au>
> To: celtics@igtc.com
>
> Hey all,
>
> Kenny Anderson and Ron Mercer for Mark Jackson and Jalen Rose.
>
> How about it?
>
> Warwick

Well, it's not too bad. Although it doesn't address the C's biggest
need,
which is a starting power forward.  I think Riley may be open to a PJ
Brown for Mercer deal once again, after his failure to secure Lamar
Odom.
Mercer for Brown is more of a fill one's need type of trade for both
clubs.

It looks like Mercer to Portland is a no go, since they seem to like
Steve Smith and don't want to give up either Wallace or Grant. And
how many other pwer forwards are out there that the C's could
legitmately obtain?  Right now, I can only think of PJ.  Adonal
Foyle may be worth a shot, if they could wrangle him away from the
Worriers.

If Tony Battie could ever bulk up, he's be okay, but I see where he's
"rail-thin" once again - Sounds like he's better suited to coming
off the bench.... And with Vitaly in danger of foul problems, resulting
from the refs enforcing the clutching and grabbing fouls, the C's need
another quality big person.

So, Warwick, you're trade isn't a bad one -- any one that moves Kenny
out
can't be all bad -- but the Celtics need a power power forward, and if
you're
going to deal away an asset, you better solve a need.
Ray