Fila LA League

I caught the 2nd day of the FILA Summer pro league yesterday, unfortunately
the C's don't play until today & I could not get a roster for them

Some fairly big names in the league and here is a summary:

Michael Stewart - Not worth the worry we lost him. he has a long way to go
as far as inside positioning and just overall understanding of the game. He
looked totally lost against this level of competition.   The Raptor team
with Stewart, Alvin Williams (looked good) , and former college names of
Donny Marshall & Boyce, Jason Lawson, Greg Buckner was beat by a Seattle
team made up of guys like Fred Vinson, Jelani Mccoy, Eddie Elisma, Mike
Batiste.  Two guys that looked decent were Sean Marks from Cal & a Vladomir
Stepania looking like Vlade Divac's little bro nailing 3's.

 I talked briefly with PaulWestphal and asked if Vin Baker would be back, &
he said he hopes so but was not real convincing.

John Thomas played briefly for the Raptors before possibly fracturing his
ankle, he looked in great shape. I talked to him after the game and he said
he would have to wait for X-rays.  A real nice kid.

2 guys playing for independent teams that looked good were James Cotton &
Tracy Murray . Tracy started shooting as soon as he entered the building
and could definitely help the C's, but he still is pretty one dimensional.

 he O'bannon boys played their usual lackluster games.

Former Celtic draft waste Michael Smith was coaching one team.

Some of the newcomers trying to win spots that looked best. Vonteego
Cummings,

Then the final game between the Lakers and Warriors, I had good seats and
the Zenmaster Phil sat 2 seats in front of me. Without his suit on he looks
like a skinny stiff old dude.

This game had a couple of guys that would be worth getting.

Adonal Foyle s a real big guy and has looked to improve his skills as he
hit some nice turnarounds and blocked some shots and basically tossed
Travis Knight around.  He actually looked better than Antawn Jamison.
 Arthur Lee also played for this team and looked pretty quick, but small.

Rueben Patterson looked real explosive to the partisan LA crowds delight.
 A Anderson trade for Derek Fisher & Patterson would be acceptable.
Patterson has some excellent potential and more explosive moves than Mercer
to the hoop. I could see Phil was happy.

The Lakers also had Donald Williams from North Carolina & Andy Pankow ?
(Where have I heard this name ?) playing for them along with their new
picks.  Tyron Lue was there , but did not play, and looking all of 16 years
old.

I joking asked Travis, "Hey what happened in Boston ?" and He just smiled,
 and I asked him if he thought Pitino's style could work in the NBA, and he
jokingly  said he hoped not !.

Overall a lot of mediocre talent. The C's play Portland tonight, hopefully
Hank Murdoch will attend and give us a review.  I hope to get to the Laker
vs. Celtic game Friday.  A lot of coaches & scouts Paul Westphal, PJ
Carlisimo, Butch Carter, Phil, Bob Lanier, etc. on hand.

The play of the day was when a guy named Jason Sutherland a small point out
of Missouri dunked on some bigger guy, then twisted his knee on the play.