baker

If you're interested, you can check the Celtics' new power forward a week
from tonight when he and the rest of Team USA take on Uruguay in the Olympic
Qualifying Tournament. The game is to be televised by TNT at 8 p.m. Games
also will be on TNT July 20, July 22 and July 25, and on NBC July 24. Times
vary.

I'll say it one more time: I don't like this trade. Even if we get the 20-10
Baker, we lose a player that could be (and I think will be) Baker's superior
in a year or two. If we get the Baker of this year, he is a salary albatross
for the duration of his seven-year contract. Ugh.

I can't believe there isn't a more attractive option if we decide to trade
Antoine. Portland, with Wallace and Grant, would seem to have two better
options and a need for a player who can play small forward. Or how about
Theo Ratliff and another player (Larry Hughes?).

Mostly, I'm just against trading Antoine. Now I know how all the "keep
Mercer" proponents must have felt the last few weeks.

Anxiously awaiting August,

Mark