Re: Ike Austin, other thoughts, etc

--- Sherry & Hart <hartleyo@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> According to the Miami papers, Doc Rivers wants to
> get athletic and is
> shopping Austin. With the probable change in rules
> next year(to run run
> run, sounds like Pitino's game to me) it looks as
> though almost all the
> teams in the East that were in contention
> (Heat-Magic-Pacers) and got
> knocked out earlier than expected want to get faster
> and more athletic.

I think he could trade Austin back to Miami, Riley will be happy to
oblige.

> Putting the contract aside for the moment, I
> question why so many want
> to trade Mercer for slower less athletic players
> that are available.

I am with you Mercer shouldn't be traded unless somebody is offering a
deal that one can't refuse. The only deal that I have liked so far is
Mercer + Anderson for Hardaway.

> By the way the Heat is basically reduced to begging,
> to rid themselves
> of Woof (original El Busto) Mashburn. According to
> reports here the only
> name other teams are interested in trading for is PJ
> Brown. I guess most
> teams are pretty smart and recognize talent.

Maybe Riley will be frustrated enough to accept a Greg Minor and Popeye
Jones for Mashburn.
                         - Mishra