Re: Sporting News - Walker next scoring champ?

Don't think Antoine can be the next scoring champ. At least from what I've
seen, although only in 2 pre-season games, he'll get much competition from
Mercer, Pierce, Barros, and KA. There's only so many points to go around.
No reason why he can't be in the top 5 though. He will have to hone his
shooting percentage and be more selective of his shots now. It seems we
don't need a gunner anymore. The competition between the three, Walker,
Mercer and Pierce (not to mention Barros) will be super for the team. Hail
Pitino, and all the players.

>Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:00:28 PST
>From: "Jim Meninno" <jim_meninno@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Sporting News - Walker next scoring champ?
>
>I think Walker will play better this season, but I'm not sure his stats
>will show it (other than shooting percentage).  The addition of Pierce,
>Mercer's development and Kenny's ball distribution will mean less shots
>for Antoine.  And this is a good thing.  He'll also get fewer rebounds
>if he shoots better, because a lot of his boards come from putting back
>his own missed bunnies.
>
>When I watched the Toronto game, it was striking to me how less
>prominent Antoine was on the court.  The Celtics would come down the
>court and actually have options on offense!  To me, this is the surest
>sign that this team is improving.
cut