Re: Sporting News - Walker next scoring champ?

I think Walker will play better this season, but I'm not sure his stats
will show it (other than shooting percentage).  The addition of Pierce,
Mercer's development and Kenny's ball distribution will mean less shots
for Antoine.  And this is a good thing.  He'll also get fewer rebounds
if he shoots better, because a lot of his boards come from putting back
his own missed bunnies.

When I watched the Toronto game, it was striking to me how less
prominent Antoine was on the court.  The Celtics would come down the
court and actually have options on offense!  To me, this is the surest
sign that this team is improving.

Jim

PS I'd pick Karl Malone for the scoring title.