From: Josh Ozersky [mailto:josh_ozersky@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 1999 2:08 PM
To: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: best player now

I'm surprised to hear Gene speak up for Barkley, who probably isn't
even an all-star now.  Even he admits that he no longer is a star.
Scottie is certainly the best all around player in the league.  I
don't see how anybody can deny him that.  And he is a multiple
champion who has come through in the clutch many times since his
early, migraine-ridden days.  Shaq is the most unstoppable force, a
worthy successor to Wilt, and Hakeem the most dominant team player,
but I think Scottie is the "best" overall in terms of what he can
still do in every phase of the game.  Hakeem's knees may be better,
and that would make me give him the nod.  (scary that they're on the
same team.) Duncan is clearly the best young player.

Josh