Re: Williams

>What the hell are you talking about? An out of shape tweener? The bottom of
>our depth chart? All Williams did was make the All Rookie team, average 15 ppg
>the next year and start lighting it up for nearly 20 a game after he went to
>Denver. From all reports, he's going to bust out this year. Pitino made this
>trade, pure and simple, to show who's boss;  I would much
>rather have Williams on a team than Walter. The only thing that makes this
>more palatable is that by a stroke of luck, we were able to draft PP.

I agree 100%. Williams picked up some bad habits in the laissez-faire Ml
Carr era, and with Rick coming in, Mr Pitino had to show the players that
no one was untouchable, that it was his way or the highway. Missing Shaun
Browns workouts and not toeing the line of the new regime meant that Rick
had to get rid of him  at a bargain basement price. I love Williams' game,
he could take it to the hole with two or three guys on him and still score.
(and make his free throws!) Getting hurt so early last year really
prevented the press from howling about the deal, especially with Denver
being so bad. Williams can play though,and thank god he's in the western
conference so that he can't hurt us very often. Unfortunately, he was a
victim of his own arrogance, because he should have known that Rick is not
one to coddle players, and with a 7 year deal and Gm power, a player was
not going to win a battle with him. Nor should he. Pitino knows that his
philosophy and will to win must extend itself to the complementary players
who will buy into the system. I love Eric, but he ran himself out of town.

                                                  Michael A. DiZio