re:Toronto

    It's nice to see that the Celts held Toronto to only .361 shooting
from the field, considering that they allowed an atrocious .471 last
year overall (and far worse against the good teams).

    I have a few questions for anyone that may have seen or heard last
night's game (without getting trampled). Did the Celtics use the press
at all? How many minutes did Popeye play (if any) at center?

    In terms of personnel, I think the Celtics are the same or
marginally weaker on defense than last year (Kenny over Chauncy, Battie
over Knight and Pervis). But Pitino sounds super confident that the
Celts will improve most on defense this year, just through greater
experience. That's been exactly the case with every other second year
team he's coached.

    We'll see. So far so good...