Re: Bothered by Walker

I know I helped start this rant about Walker pulling down Bowen on
Sunday and injuring him.  Just to clarify what "I" saw.

Walker was tired (it was towards the end of practice) and he was about
to be beat under the basket by Bowen and Walker gave him a cheap shot.

Plain and simple.

Walker does not like to be shown up.  He had quit on that play and I am
sure he did not want to hurt Bowen but he also did not want to be beat
by him.  So he pulled him down as Bowen started to elevate towards the
hoop.  As Bowen was moving East/West as well as North, his feet
continued to elevate but his body didn't, which lay'd him out in the air
from which he came crashing down flat on his back/side/front.

The foul was not big a deal except, IMO, that a Captain needs to put the
welfare of his teammates ahead of his ego, particularly at a
touchy-feely media event.  He was in no way following the directions of
Pitino to contest a lay up.  If you saw it during a game most would call
it a stupid foul.

I used the foul to support my belief/statement that Mercer is a better
leader then Walker at this point and that the type of foul showed that
Walker's newly touted maturity is more vapor than fact.

However I will be at the game Friday cheering on Walker and the rest of
the team!  Looking forward to a fun season.

<Jim