Re: Draft

Hey, Mr. Ghost, where's the love?

Mister Ghost wrote:

>  No offense intended, but I'm trying
> hard not to burst out laughing.  Tim Young
> is Travis Knight with slightly better skills.

That's a fancy list of college players you've got, but a) how many of these
guys are coming out this year? Lamar Odom's a freshman, Baron Davis a
sophomore ... and b) how many on your list are big men? I don't think we're
going to be looking at Davis or Andre Miller in the low post, do you?

I'd be glad if you're right that the Celtics will be able to choose from among
better centers than Young (although if you're counting Todd McCullough in that
number, I gotta seriously question your judgment. For that matter, Gadzuric is
not an NBA center; Lari Ketner can't dominate a middling Atlantic 10
conference). As for Dallas, Milwaukee, et. al, if they think they're set at
the pivot, fine by me. Personally, I'd rather have Noah manning the middle
than the Mavericks' "deepest center rotation in the NBA," which consists of
old, tired guys and thin, bad young guys.

My main point was, the Celtics will hopefully have a shot at drafting a decent
big man, since many of the teams that could be  drafting before them don't
need centers as badly as we do.

(By the way, are you really Dick Vitale? Steve Francis, "The Pocket Jordan?"
"How can anyone not know about The Big Q - Quentin Richardson from Depaul,
inch for inch, the best rebounder in college basketball; don't forget Jumaine
Junes or Michael Redd....")