Re: Open practice

At 04:19 PM 1/25/99 -0600, "Nathan A." <nj13@navix.net> wrote:
>For all of us Celtic fans outside of New England, I just wanted to give a
>big THANKS to Chris, Jim and Kim for their reports on the Celtic's open
>practice. It's nice to get some first hand info like this instead of all the
>same old AP stories.

The way I felt about seeing Pierce. Even though it was in many ways an
extended garbage time, it was nice to SEE some of what he could do rather
than just listen to people guesstimate off his college play (which lots of
times just doesn't translate that well).

>Just a thought: I know that these practices are great for the fans and PR
>and I'm not saying we should get rid of them, but do you think that they are
>as effective as a regular practice? One of you mentioned that it seemed like
>some of the players were trying to do dumb things in order to show off for
>the crowd. With only a very few practices until the season, I hope these
>guys use every moment to its potential.

RP addressed this in an article in the Globe or Herald this AM, saying that
it's good for them with all the pressure he's putting on them to get a
chance to back off a bit and have fun with it while still getting some
constructive work in. I'll buy that. I also bet it's nice for them to get a
bit of encouragement with applause. And it wasn't totally fun and games.

BTW, getting back to the AW comments, Chris and Jim were right that AW was
being aggressive and arrogant -didn't want to leave the impression he
wasn't- I just didn't think he was being enough of a jerk that it really
stood out to me. May just be different perspectives. And yes, Dwayne was the
one knocking down teammates right and left. And Bowen got hurt in a
multiperson pileup, but I do think that one was AW.

<snip>
-Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net