No Subject

Mercer:  I think he jumps higher than last year.  In the drills he
looked lost, but as soon as the game started, his jumper started
falling, and he showed occasionally explosive speed going to the hoop
for the flush!  Lookin' good.

Declerq:  If Knight was the Banana, Andrew is the Velvet Hammer.  He's
sporting a new Paul McCartney haircut, looks bigger, and was running
around with, if possible, even more reckless abandon than last year.
He's an animal.

Popeye:  I'm psyched.  He's just a good, smart player.  He outrebounded
Antoine, played creditable post defense, was in the right place at the
right time, and looked happy.

Battie:  Had a bad back, didn't play much, and when he did, looked about
as mobile as Pippen last year in game 6 of the finals, ie not very.
He's way too skinny to play center.  He's not much bigger than McCarty.

McCarty:  Same old Walter.  Skinny.  Dunks well.  Runs well.  Blabla.

Big D:  Dwayne is BIG.  B. I. G.  Big.  If he survives Pitino's camp,
and can successfully get into shape without having a body-part just
explode, he could give you 6 fouls you won't forget in 10-15 minutes.

It was a lot of fun.  There was kid entertainment.  The play was sloppy,
but hey, I'm glad they're back!

I'd love to hear other impressions from people who were there.

Chris