No more NBA Trading Deadline

The one interesting note that has come out of the new CBA is that there is no
longer a trading deadline.  What this means is that there could be a lot of
late season player movement similar to what we see in baseball as playoff
teams jockey for position and try to firm up their playoff rosters.  Perhaps
Pitino should hold onto his cards and not try to force a deal for the required
big man this season.  If he is able to unload a veteran valuable commodity
such as a Dana Barros to a playoff bound team looking for a 3 point shooter,
in exchange for player(s) in the last year of their contract it could position
the Celtics well for next year's free agent big men.  If you take Barros' $3M
plus Dino's cap money and the new cap numbers next year, we could be looking
at a slot of 7-10M$.  Walker's new contract does not kick in until next
season, so there may be hope of landing a stud.  Plus, playing out this year
without a starting caliber big man, and the early season road schedule pretty
much gives them a shot at a lottery pick or a mid rounder.