Encouraging sign

Here's Mitch Lawrence on ESPN.net:

"The Celtics believe that Antoine Walker, who re-signed for $71 million, Ron
Mercer and Paul
                           Pierce are their three stars of the future. Walker
was the subject of trade rumors right up until he
                           agreed on new six-year deal. One report had Jamal
Mashburn and Tony Delk -- yes, two more
                           Kentucky products -- going to Boston (after Delk
went to Miami), with Pat Riley coming away
                           with Walker. "Never in a million years,'' said a
Rick Pitino crony."

On another note, ESPN is now saying we've officially signed Shitzius and PG
Marlon Garnett. Garnett used to play college ball out here at Santa Clara,
playing alongside Steve Nash. Don't know anything about him but I'll see what
I can dig up. Gotta think, though, there were good defensive PGs like Corey
Beck who might have signed for the minimum. Then again, Wallace & Pitino
already have proven adept at finding diamonds (Bruce Bowen) in the dirt.