Subject: Stewart/Pierce

From:    galter@cstone.net (Gary Alter) at Internet

Date:    1/21/99  10:18 PM

I was rooting for the Celts to pick up Stewart not because he's the solution
in the middle but without him trader Rick will look for help in the middle
with Pierce as bait. Pierce is too good to give away for a short term
mediocre fix like Potapenko. What doesn't make sense, is that Pitino has
continually said that next year will be the break through year for the Celts
. The best thing to do is ride out the short season and look for a free
agent next year when the Celts will have more cap room.  Although, it does
concern me that the Celts can't land a decent free agent even when offering
more money and a better team. How can we lose out to the Craptors? Maybe we
have to face the fact that Pitinos coaching style is just not attractive to
most of the players out there.

Gary