Re: I totally agree.

That's a good point about Person's defense. But in this scenario, McCarty
would be able to come off the bench & defend against SFs (as would Bowen).
Make no mistake, I am in absolutely no rush to deal Pierce. I'd prefer to keep
our Big Four intact and take our chances in the middle. I agree Pierce is
potentially a perennial all star, but remember too that had the lockout not
gone the owners' way, RP would without question have traded away Walker. My
point being, I guess, that he is prone to making deals the rest of us think of
as crazy (eg Eric Williams for 2 2nd round picks that eventually turned into
McCarty; Rick Fox for Travis, who eventually became Battie).

Is Potapenko really "terrible?" You're right about his being foul-prone. But
he can't be as bad as Montross -- they played about the same # of minutes per
game last year, and Potapenko scored more than twice as many PPG and about the
same number of boards and blocks.

You know, if Pitino is looking for a great big center to play defense & block
shots, and doesn't care that he's slow, what about Stanley Roberts? He blocked
a shot a game last year in only 17 minutes per. Better boarding numbers than
Potapenko and only 1 fewer PPG in identical minutes. Roberts is pretty bad,
but worse than Schintzius? Then again, I keep forgetting, Schintzius will play
for the minimum -- Roberts probably won't have to.