Re: Jackie MacMullan: Free Agents Don't Want To Come To Boston

-----Original Message-----
From: Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com>
To: DJessen33@aol.com <DJessen33@aol.com>
Cc: celtics@igtc.com <celtics@igtc.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 20, 1999 9:17 PM
Subject: Re: Jackie MacMullan: Free Agents Don't Want To Come To Boston

>Sorry, my bad.  It should be championship-tradition.
>The free agents were buying into Pitino's system or all that
>championsip-
>tradition stuff.  That's a more accurate paraphrase of what she said.
>Ray

Personally speaking of course, I believe that perhaps *some* veteran FA's
may be reluctant to come to the C's because they know that Ricky will be
demanding and require them to expend an inordinate amount of energy of the
defensive end with the pressing and trapping.  That would not surprise me in
the least.  I admit that sometimes his style can be grating, but the bottom
line is he gets results, has always done so and probably always will.

One of the secrets to his success lies in getting his young players to play
to their capabilities.  Which is why I would love to see Pierce stick with
us.  If we get a center who can rebound with Toine at the 4 who will get 10
boards per, imagine the damage KA will do with Mercer and Pierce out quickly
on the break.  We may not have the biggest team in basketball, but we would
have one of the quickest, and quickness matters.

Cecil