Crowded frontcourt

Ok - so it sounds like Popeye is signed, Battie is coming in trade (yes!),
Schintzius is signing for the minimum, and we have a better deal on the
table than Toronto for Michael Stewart.  Hmm, unless Antoine is our new SF,
 there's a traffic jam at the 4/5.  Since I assume Antoine will stay at PF,
I'd bet it's Popeye who's heading out. Yes, he's a great rebounder, but not
if he doesn't play, and how many minutes will he get behind Walker?  I
doubt RP has plans for him at center, so his extra minutes would only be
when Antoine slides over to the 3. And with Pierce, McCarty, and Bowen, how
often will that be?  That said, I love Popeye Jones. This sudden frontcourt
crowd might also (thankfully!) mean that Pierce won't be traded for a big
man (if he really were going to Cleveland, they'd have to toss in Derek
Anderson along with Potopenko).  Also, we need more scoring, so why ship
out a genuine scorer?

What's looking weak to me is backup PG.  No guarantees that Anderson will
stay healthy all season, esp. with the schedule. Barros is there, but where
is the 3rd PG?  They won't trade Barros. Not only can he play the point,
he's their only legit 3-point threat. Guess we'll find all this out late
tomorrow, and we can also see who else was invited to camp.

 --Ellie

As for Schintzius,  there is a difference in being under 30 vs over 30 -
maybe he's matured enough to make a go of it. The coaching staff should be
able to make a judgment on him during training camp. He could be a role
player, and with not much investment on the C's part other than a roster spot.