Re: our new (potential) team

It was I who used the TR quote about Travis, but Vonnegut used it in
Slaughterhouse Five, not Breakfast of Champions (soon to be a major
motion picture.)  But whoever made up Bananna Boy should get props,
too, since in many ways Travis did look like a Banana (a resemblance
that will be increased in his yellow Lakers uniform.)  He plays like a
banana too.

Josh

---"Peter G. Toner"  wrote:

> Just thought I'd stop lurking and give my $0.02 worth about all
these real
> and potential deals, trades, and signings. I don't think it's possible
> cap-wise to end up with all of the players mentioned over the past few
> days. Stewart looks as though he'll sign elsewhere, and if he does I
think
> Pitino will pick up Schintzius. I've always thought he was a thug,
but he
> is a BIG thug, and you can't teach height. I think Travis for Battie
is
> fine - Travis isn't all that bad, he's just not right for the
Celtics. I
> think Popeye would be great, I hope he stays. So, at the end of it
all, we
> could use all these guys to create effective "big" and "small"
lineups:

> Big:
>
> C - Schintzius
> PF - Battie or Popeye
> SF - Walker
> SG - Mercer or Pierce
> PG - Anderson (I know he's not big - maybe Mercer could do some temp
duty?)

> Small (and quick!):
>
> C - Battie
> PF - Walker
> SF - Pierce
> SG - Mercer
> PG - Anderson
>
> This kind of arrangement would let Pitino use Walker for his different
> strengths depending on the opposing team's lineups - his quickness
against
> power forwards, or his strength against small forwards.
>
> BTW, I can't remember who it was that dubbed Travis "Banana Boy" so
> appropriately last season. But I came across the reference: Kurt
Vonnegut