Re: Pivot possibilities

I remember who you're talking about -- Lorenzo Coleman from Tenn Tech, and I
believe the other was Garth Joseph from St Rose. Both were talked up pretty
heavily prior to the draft, and both are probably now playing in some country
I can't pronounce.

> Shailendra Mishra wrote:
>
> THis happens almost every year at the start of the season, last year too Leo
> Pappile had two Shaq prototypes that he was taking wagers on that atleast one
> would make the starting 5.

> I wonder who would take Dana ? He is pulling 3 million as a backup point, if
> there is any team that desperate the C's should get rid of him ASAP.

I do think Barros could be a starter in the league -- he was once an All-Star,
remember, and he's not old. He won't start for this team, but someone might
take him. The Lackeys, for instance, need a proven PG and they could use his
shooting. Same for the Clips, who would be more likely suspects to bite on
such a deal. Except for his salary, I think he has value for us, too, so I
wouldn't necessarily trade him just to trade him unless we got major cap relief.

 > I don't see the use of a Keon Clark, RP has his work cutout to transform Battie
> from "El Busto" to a "not Busto" .

True - I would think Battie would go if he brought in Clark, but I also agree
with you that RP will likely hang onto Battie until he gets a better look at
him. Then again, I think Pitino would trade his own mother in a heartbeat if
he thought it could help him win.

> Popeye is a good rebounder but he is more of a position guy and doesn't run the
> floor that well hence may not fit our run and gun system.

I don't know, he played well in Dallas with the Kidd/Jackson/Mashburn squad.
That team was pretty up-tempo, wasn't it? When weighing him vs. Potapenko, you
really have to ask what's more valuable: the boards or the lowpost scoring &
bulk. Then again, Popeye is not a bad scorer, and he's wide enough to defend
decently in the post -- maybe Potapenko wouldn't be that good after all.

Keep Pierce!