Re: Moves

As much as I think Mashburn would be terrific
coming off the Celtics bench, trading Pierce for him would be stupid.
Potapenko, while a big body, is average at best.  Sometimes, the best
trades are the ones you don't make.  Cleveland, during the time of the
draft was interested in trading
Wesley Pearson for Pierce.
MG

---John Lyell <Jlyell@concentric.net> wrote:

> It looks as though Knight for Battie is pretty much done.  I like it.
>
> How about this deal that almost went down:
>
> The Knicks, Heat and Pacers had been known to be the leading bidders
in the
> Sprewell sweepstakes, and the AP learned that a complicated
four-team trade
> involving Golden State, Miami, Cleveland and Boston also was
discussed.

> Sprewell would have gone to the Heat along with Bimbo Coles and
Clarence
> Weatherspoon, with Golden State getting Brent Barry, Dan Majerle and
Bobby
> Sura. Boston would have received Jamal Mashburn and Vitaly
Potapenko, and
> Cleveland would have received Paul Pierce and Andrew Declercq.
>

> I am not sure I like it.  Potapenko is a big body but Pierce for an
often
> injured Mash is a stretch.
>

> Supposedly Sprewell will go to NY for Childs and Mills or Starks .
Why