Moves

It looks as though Knight for Battie is pretty much done.  I like it.

How about this deal that almost went down:

The Knicks, Heat and Pacers had been known to be the leading bidders in the
Sprewell sweepstakes, and the AP learned that a complicated four-team trade
involving Golden State, Miami, Cleveland and Boston also was discussed.

Sprewell would have gone to the Heat along with Bimbo Coles and Clarence
Weatherspoon, with Golden State getting Brent Barry, Dan Majerle and Bobby
Sura. Boston would have received Jamal Mashburn and Vitaly Potapenko, and
Cleveland would have received Paul Pierce and Andrew Declercq.

I am not sure I like it.  Potapenko is a big body but Pierce for an often
injured Mash is a stretch.

Supposedly Sprewell will go to NY for Childs and Mills or Starks .   Why
would GS want this and not want Houston ?  Childs & Mills are mediocre at
best.