ESPN reports

Heavily courting Stewart: Michael Stewart has a decision to make because
the Celtics and Kings both covet his services. Celtics president-coach Rick
Pitino is using Boston's $1.75 million exception as a starting point for a
contract, according to The Boston Globe. ''We certainly have a lot of work
to do yet. But Stewart is someone we've been looking at for a while,''
Pitino said.

Hey maybe they have been secretly subscrinbing to the list ?

Jones downplays Mavs: Popeye Jones has the world at his feet. There's
plenty of interest in him as a free agent and the team that wants him the
most, the Celtics, are in position to pay him the most. Kyle Rote Jr.,
Jones' agent, informed his client there are 12 teams expressing an interest
including the Mavs and Sonics. As for reports he was leaning toward Dallas,
Jones told The Boston Herald: "That's not true at all. All I said was I'd
explore the opportunity because my family lived there."

Free-agent news: According to The Boston Herald, the Celtics will likely be
looking at for their higher cap exception ($1.75 million) is possibly Kings
center Michael Stewart, Clippers forward Loy Vaught or his teammate Isaac
Austin. ... The Herald also reported there may be some room for the Celtics
to make a trade or two, but inquires about Travis Knight have been slowed
because the other clubs want to keep their cap space open for the
free-agent free-for-all.

Walker wants to stay: Antoine Walker is planning to stay in Boston for the
next seven seasons, according to a report in The Boston Globe. The NBA
lockout is over, and, Walker hopes, so are the questions about his
contract. "I'm a Celtic, man," he told The Globe. "Write it down. Boston is
where I want to be." Walker was believed to be looking for a little more
than $100 million for six years (Kevin Garnett received $126 million over
six) under the old agreement. With the new deal, Walker (below six years in
the NBA) can start his next contract as high as $9 million, meaning the
Celtics will be able to offer him seven years, $85.6 million (an average of
more than $12 million). The best he can do elsewhere is a six-year deal
worth $67.5 million ($11.25 million average).