Re: Rogers vs Stewart

In a message dated 1/12/99 2:25:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pdelevett@amcity.com writes:

<< we don't want to see Ewing and Mourning abusing Stewart down low this
season: >>

Actually Stewart probably had the game of his life last year vs. Ewing. I
don't remember the exact stats but I think he put up something like 17 pts, 15
rebounds, and 5 or 6 blocks. He was on the back page of the NY papers.

If we could get Stewart for the $1.7 million exemption or less (and I think
he's the only guy out there that we could possibly get for that price) and add
him, Popeye, Pierce, and a full season of Kenny, there will be a lot of fun at
the Fleet Center this season. We could use the $1 million exemption for a
backup point.

As for those of you who think we are stuck with Travis long term, it is
virtually assured that he will take his 3 year out if he shows even modest
improvement, but if he shows that improvement this season his contract would
make him attractive in a trade as well.

George