RE: Steve Bulpett: Celtics Have $1.7 M. To Sign A Free Agent, Teams have Enquired About Knight...

> Cap Space - The Celtics will have two exceptions: One for $1.75 M. and
> the > other at $1 M.  So, they're not exactly going to be big bidders in
the
> coming free agency pool.  Bulpett thinks that leaves Geiger out, but the
C's
> may be interested in Michael Stewart or Loy Vaught.  He says, the C's
could
> hope that someone like Ike Austin falls through the "cracks", because
with "teams
> scrambling for free agents in a shortened signing period, someone is
> bound to be left standing in what will be a frenzied game of musical
chairs."

Vaught is tough inside and could give A.W. some rest , but others will
probably offer more.  He would be god for the Lakers, or Bulls to replace
Rodman  I like Stewart, he's rough, but if he can rebound, block some
shots, and work on his free throw shooting,  he would give us a team that
could run anyone off the court.