RE: Peter May: Mashburn May Be Headed To The Celtics

it has been in the L.A. papers the last two days. The more I think it
actually doesn't sound bad.  I am not sure Battie can be a true 5 in the
league, but is very athletic and was a good rebounder in college, and maybe
closer than anyone we have.  And his contract is shorter than Knight's.
 They also discussed West considering Campbell & Eddie Jones to Chicago for
a re-signed Pippen.

On Friday, January 08, 1999 5:08 PM, DJessen33@aol.com
[SMTP:DJessen33@aol.com] wrote:
> > The other was to reacquire travis Knight for Tony Battie.  I am mixed
on
> >  this one.  Battie was not that impressive last year, but than either
was
> >  Knight.<
>
> Where did you hear this? I haven't seen this one anywhere. We heard
rumors
> during the draft of a possible Knight/Van Exel trade but that died when
Van