favorites

Although the Pacers may be the best prepared team heading into this shortened
season, don't be surprised if the Jazz or Lakers end up with the league's best
record. The Western Conference is not as deep as the Eastern Conference, so the
top teams in the West should be able to roll up plenty of wins against the
Nuggets, Clippers and Grizzlies of the world. The Pacers' gimmees might be
limited to the Raptors.

Just an observation from one happy hoops fan.

Mark

P.S. I know there will be a lot written and said about the "irreparable" damage
done to the league because of this, but look five years down the road and tell
me the NBA won't be a better league because of this. Baseball is in dire need of
a similar type of labor deal, but doesn't have the leadership or foresight to
get it done.
Also, you hear a lot about the NBA not having the strong ties with fans that
baseball does and therefore will suffer longer than baseball did after its
strike. I say that is exactly the reason the NBA will bounce back faster. Fans
were hurt and angry when baseball wiped out the World Series. They felt betrayed
by an old friend. Most NBA fans don't take it quite as personally and, I
believe, will bounce back faster.