cancel the season; save the nba

I think the best thing that could happen to the NBA is to cancel it.  Why?
Well if there is anything that has come out of these negotiations is that
players have lost their love for the game.  They forget why they even enjoy
basketball.  Now the only true measure of their worth is if they "score" a
big contract better than the next guy.  It's as important to them as scoring
40 points or winning an NBA championship.  The success and wealth has warped
their sense of reality and the owners know it (they created it).

Can a scaled down NBA succeed sure?  Ask any fan what they want and there is
no question.  Great basketball and parity for starters.  Well how about
LOWER ticket prices; that sounds interesting.  Less games; great.  Less
teams; even better.  The rookies will play well for the new NBA and over
time established NBA players like Grant Hill, Toni Kukoc, and John Stockton
will come back.  The David Falk players will try to form their own league
because it's the "buck the establishment" philosophy that they are trying to
prove.  They did it in the ABA, and after they folded they came back.

And you know what I bet you all the Celtics players will be back, including
Antoine.  Canceling the season will reset everyone's attitute and bring
common sense back to the league.

Lance Gee
Colusa, CA