I am still married

to the Celtics.  But the discussion on moving the team reminded me of
how I lost my connection to pro football.  Since the days of Johnny U.
I was a die-hard Colts fan.  I loved the players, the uniforms, I even
had the Baltimore newspaper sent to Texas one year--that was a bit
costly.

Then, the jerk became owner, they let Bert Jones go, and soon had
moved (in the middle of the night) to Indianapolis.  It was over for
me.  I no longer had a team.  Being from Louisiana and having lived in
New Orleans for a while, I decided to root for the Saints, but I
couldn't name more than two players.  So, while I still enjoy a good
football game, I found that ownership and movement of a team can kill
an intense loyalty.  This year in the NBA?  I don't know, but, with
the exception of a few of you (you may insert your name here), I don't
read the list anymore.  I may not get it back.

Cheers,  Gene