The players will "reject" the owners final proposal.

	I'm putting "reject" in quotes because the vote will be a sham.
Today the player's negotiating committee will meet in New York to discuss
the rules of the vote.  What needs to be discussed?  Everyone votes.
Someone counts them.  If a majority of the players vote for the NBA's
proposal, it passes.  Otherwise it doesn't.

	But I have a feeling that Hunter, Falk, and the 19 Falkens will
set up the vote so that the NBA's proposal will have a very tough time
getting approved.  You would think that it would take about 175 votes to
yield a majority.  Six players per team times 29 teams gives you 174 votes
for a tie and 175 for a majority.  But Hunter clames that there are about
400 players in the union plus they will invite 30 to 50 players from the
1998 draft.  So I can see him making the claim that it will take 225 votes
to pass, even if some players don't show up.  And considering that they
have been given less than two days notice to get to New York, it's a
distinct possibility.  What happens to the players who don't make it?
Will they be called?  If so, I'm sure Ewing and Mouring will be in charge
of that and, having a good idea of who supports the union and who doesn't,
will find a way to "accidently" not be able to get in touch with some of
the players.

Jeremy