Re: Pierce is a benafactor

What you say may be true from an offensive perspective,
but the results Pierce achieves on the defensive end are the
byproduct of his own latent ability. An ability so vastly superior
to anyone else on the C's except Bruce Bowen.  Offenisvely,
Pierce may be benefactor of Anotine's presence, but defensively
Pierce is on his own.  I also think one could argue that
Antoine also benefits from Pierce's presence, especially those
nice feeds Pope Paul dishes off to Toine as he drives to the
hoop.
MG

"R. Bentz Kirby" <bocelts@usit.net> wrote:

> Before we all get too carried away with PP, who looks to become a
great
> player, let us not forget that he is a benafactor.  Teams cannont
ignore
> AW.  What AW did last year was unbelievable given his supporting cast
> most of the year.  My knock on him is that he seems to be incomplete
in
> the head and attitude problem, not his ability.
>
> Paul Pierce would not be as good if AW was not on the floor.  I am not
> so sure that he could do what AW did last year.  On the other hand, he
> seems, from the reports to the list, to possess a court savy and
> instinct for the TEAM aspects of the game that we can only hope lie
> buried with in AW.
>
> So, give AW his due when crediting PPierce.  On the other hand,
PPierce
> couldn't be doing what he is doing if he wasn't the real deal.  I just
> think we ought to remember who is holding the door open for him.
> --
> Bentz
> bocelts@usit.net
>
> http://www.scsn.net/users/sclaw