Re: Walker & Pierce

I loved Johnny Most and love the Heihnson/Cousy team.  And I wish they'd
get the Channel 68 situation resolved in my area (western MA) because I
have not been able to listen to Bob Cousy once this year!

How many of you remember when Red Auerbach was in the TV booth with Tommy
Heihnson for a 76ers/Celtics play-offs.

I remember this certain play at the time and then I got the full story in
Hehnson's book.

Red was ranting about a foul being called on a Celtic against a certain
76er.  He was saying, "How could they call a foul.  He wasn't even in the
play."  And I did remember Tommy gently saying to him, "He had the ball,
Red."

The further explanation that Tommy gave in his book was that on this
particular play, Red Auerbach had spilled his popcorn and was bent over
picking it up and never ever saw the play!

Vinny