RE: Trades - be patient

While I agree with the general sentiment of having to be patient, I have
been patient for the last 6 years at least. We now have the nucleus of a
pretty good team that might just be able to make the play-offs this year
and I for one am keen to see that happen. The Bulls won a heck of a lot
of championships with their best centre being Bill Cartwright; the
Pistons won theirs with Bill Laim(me)beer. However, I don't see us
getting a good centre (of the calibre of a Hakeem or a Duncan) in the
near future. We were lucky to some extent in landing Walker (the Mavs
made a silly deal for Montross) and dashed lucky in getting Pierce.
However, we could moan about losing Tim Duncan, so on the whole, I think
the C's are sitting pretty.
I also don't see why Walker is a poor captain and how Pierce merits this
better. Yes, Walker has a wiggle. He also has a great work ethic and is
willing to exhort his team-mates to win. Pierce is only in his first
season as a pro and - while he's done damned well - has to show that he
can do it on a night-in and night-out basis before becoming captain.
It's the same question of patience.

Utah's centre is Greg Ostertag. They also have Todd Fuller and a third
guy whose name escapes me. I was surprised to learn they have released
Antoine Carr!

venkat