Re: Not theseTrades

-----Original Message-----
From: Sherry & Hart <hartleyo@ix.netcom.com>

>1. Robinson: Never trade one of our big 3 for an over the hill, injury
>prone center. HMMM any one notice that the C's record without a big name
>center is better than the Spurs with all their (MOUSEY) up front talent.

I agree, Robinson is over the hill and he needs the ball too. Once Tim
Duncan was nominated as the first option on offense Robinson's play has
played very passively. As we all know, passive players will not cut it in
Pitino's system. I think with McCarty back from injury, Pitino is getting
back the player he needs..I think Popeye will be permanently planted on the
bench.

>2. Wesley: Do you all really think he is worth that kind of money thru
>2004 and does anyone really think that he is a better point guard than
>Anderson. He is a nice player and a backup, but he is NOT now or ever
>will be a first grade point guard. To give up KA in the future as part
>of a some trade and use Wesley in the starting lineup is IMO a form of
>regression.

I thought the rumor is Barros for Wesley which I think would be a great deal
for the Celtics. Surely Dana is a better shooter but Wesley isa tough one
one one defender and a much better point guard.

>3. Campbell: Why is there this love of this dog, he doesn't give a crap
>and he shows it.

I personally don't want him though he could only help.

>The C's have 2 BIG needs, a true big rebounder(Popeye is a major
>disappointment) and a backup point guard (not Wesley because of his
>contract).

Last three games with everybody helping and Walker re-discovering his
rebounding skills I don't think we are suffering in that department. So, I
don't see it to be a pressing need. I think Battie has played very well both
at center and power forward, and is improving with each game.
                                                                    - Mishra