No Subject

Red Auerbach says the C's are: "'actually two players away from being
a highly competetive team.  We need a tough guy, a big banger.'"

My comments: If the NBA draft was held today, the C's would be drafting
at No. 15, and be the eigth seed in the playoffs.

It looks like Baron Davis is coming out.  I would think a team like the
Clippers would be very interested in him, since they deperately need
an impact point guard and he's a hometown product.

Detroit hasn't signed Jerome Williams to an extension yet.  Contract
negotiations aren't going well at all, according to Perry Farrell
of Detroit's Free Press, so it's possible the Pitons could deal him
before the deadline.  Both M.L. Carr and Pitino have shown interest
toward him.

Larry Bird wants the shot clock to be 20 seconds instead of 24.
He thinks it would create more movement.  I bet Pitino wholeheartedly
endorses Bird's views.

The Raptors are going to be $18 million under the salary cap for nest
season.  They expect to be majore players in the upcoming free agency
period.

==
MG In Exile