Re: More postgame thoughts

----------
> From: Tim Lynch <timmer96@mindspring.com>
> To: Bob George <bgp@lightspeed.net>
> Subject: Re: More postgame thoughts
> Date: Saturday, February 27, 1999 9:17 AM

> >I am growing more and more tired of Walker and his disco shimmy Chris
Canty
> >crap.  Pitino should strip him of his captaincy right now.  No captain
> >until Pierce is mature enough to take over.  Yes I am psyched over his
> >little 3rd qtr hot streak, but right now Pierce is the main Celtic
(duhh),
> >and Walker needs to realize that and quit this prima donna BS.
>

> Geez, aside from a subpar shooting performance (as was Pierce's) what did
> Walker do so wrong?  Why is a "shimmy" so horrible but Pierce's goofy
finger
> waving after his 3's is just fine and dandy?  No Walker wasn't as perfect
as
> he was Wednesday and he forced a few things but he did have 11 boards, 5
> assists, 3 steals, and just 2 turnovers.  I'm thrilled Pierce is the
> greatest thing since sliced bread (hey, how's that for a nickname?) but
must
> we malign Walker for everything he doesn't do as well or maturely as The
> Chosen One?  Has Pierce matched Ant's assist ability?  Frankly I've seen
> Walker open things up more for PP than vice versa.  I'd hate to see the
> comments had they not just throttled two straight conference
contenders...

I'm not ignoring Walker's obvious talent!!!  I just don't think he's
captain material.  I think at times Walker comes off as Pitino's pet, and
that he can do no wrong.  Remember that post I had last week when Donaldson
was smacking Pitino?  He made a comment that Pitino wants all his players
to live near Boston, but Antoine can live in Chicago if he wants.  Stuff
like that.  I think if Walker is going to be the captain he needs to act
the part.  Jeez, I'm not blind to his basketball talent!!

Nobody is really captain material yet, even Pierce.

 > If anything I'd have stripped him of his captaincy for the Wizz debacle
but
> hindsight proves that that may have been what was needed.  Kenny wasn't
> pushing it causing the whole team's, particularly Antoine's, skills to go
> untapped.  Perhaps Pitino would have rectified that anyway but the
outburst
> seems to have cleared the slate for everyone and the chemistry is back.
> However should AW pull such crap again I wouldn't hesitate to demote him.

Agree here.  Reggie Theus of TNT said last night, "That sort of thing goes
on all the time...it was perhaps good for the Celtics", referring to the
KA-Toine spat.

Bob G