Halftime thoughts

1.  That 14-2 Bricks run was triggered by a "putrid" (one of my favorite
Johnny Most words) non-foul call on DeQ.  He went to the basket, was hacked
and there was no call.  That swung the momentum towards the Bricks, and
they just went nuts.

2.  Best game yet for Battie.  Great feed to Barros at the end of the 1st
qtr!  Some other nice plays by "El Busto" also.

3.  Both teams must be shooting 60+%.  If the Bricks are tired, it was
perhaps only through that stretch when the Celtics built the 17 point lead.
 We had better assume that the Bricks are rested even though they may be
weary, it looks like they will hang around plenty tonight barring foul
trouble.

4.  Interesting TNT stat:  with Walker in the game the C's were a -2 pt.
differential; while he was on the bench they were +19.  Great job by 2nd
unit.

5.  As long as he is one of the 4 highest paid players in the game, if the
Bricks lose, it will never bother Patrick "We need more money because we
spend more money" Ewing.  The NBA's image problems don't begin and end with
Rodman!

6.  Keys to the second half:  DON'T KEEP PUTTING UP THE QUICK SHOTS
GUYS!!!!!!!!!  Work the ball, make the extra pass.  Defensively, sooner or
later the Bricks have to cool off from the perimeter.  I'd say let Ewing
get his stuff down low and try and pressure the others.

Bob George

Read Bob George's Best Of Boston Sports At
http://www.bobgeorge.com