The Riley Wiggle

Anyone catch Eric Riley giving a mini Walker wiggle after a dunk in the
fourth quarter?  The camera only caught a glimpse of it and I wasn't
even sure I saw it until I saw Walker's reaction.  He was screaming
laughing.  I think Eric has found a home.  Not only has he been playing
better, but he just seems to fit in so much better than Schinzius.  I
would think Dwayne's got his bags packed.  I mean, when you get a DNP-CD
in a game like this, you're done.  When's Walter coming back?

Another little gem was Walker handing the ball to Mercer for the jam
after that amazing steal and pass by Pierce.  He was coming in from the
left side and Mercer from the right.  He just flipped Ron the ball a
little below the foul line and sprinted back upcourt with his fists in
the air, before Ron even put the ball in.  You can not tell me that
Antoine doesn't absolutely love to win basketball games.

Ron Mercer looked much more comfortable than the last game I saw. When
he wasn't spraining his ankle, I mean.  He had a spin move that was as
quick as any I've ever seen, but didn't finish, and several big dunks.
I think that knee is just about healed.  The jumper seems a little
erratic at the moment, but then he's probably been working more on his
mobility, because of the knee.

Andrew DeClercq has vastly improved his offensive presence this year.  I
guess Pitino would say that now makes him outstanding!  He was only a
jump shot away, right?  Anyway, it now looks like he can score
occaisionally, even when there's a man guarding him.  He still looks
really deliberate, like he's following an istructional video or
something, but that's what it takes when you've got limited skills.
And, he hasn't lost any of his aggression.

One downer is Popeye Jones.  Tommy said he's been having some
inflamation in that knee, and they're giving him medication for it.  The
medication has been bothering his digestive system.  So, I wouldn't get
on him for his lack of contribution yet, but it is a little worrying
that they gave three years to a guy who's still having problems with a
reconstructed knee.

Attention Joe, as if you didn't already know, you are going to love
watching this game.

Jim