Some stats

*Paul Pierce is now shooting .467 from the 3-point line. Even Larry
Legend should be envious.
*Over 56.6 mpg, the Celtics three-headed pivot (Ringo, Riley and Battie)
is averaging 14.2 rebounds, 3.75 blocks, 2.37 steals, and 17.2 points
per game. That's not Chief and Walton circa 1986, but I guess it's
nudging towards respectable. And I'm not even including the "fourth
Beatle" Dwayne Schintzius (2.0rpg, 0.75bpg, 5 DNPs).
*Antoine Walker is losing just over 3ppg from missed free throws. His 8
assists last night (just one turnover) is 5 less than his career high of
13.
*None of our "big four" players is presently averaging over 20ppg. Our
scoring sheet last night should remind us of the Celtics of the 1960s,
all the way down to a good 6th man performance by Dana Barros.

        Anyway, what a difference a day makes. We've sent an early
season message to division rivals Miami and Orlando, just as we all
hoped. I'm going to enjoy last night's result properly with a good
cigar. If people don't know about the new Celtics, "they better ask
somebody!" (Kenny Anderson)

    I love you, you freaking Boston Celtics! Rafters, baby!

    Joe