Walker vs. maturity vs. Bird

Several people have brought up the good point about how Antione, in his
third year, is still younger than Bird was his rookie year. I'm sure if Bird
had entered the league at the age of 19 or 20 he wouldn't have been the
portrait of maturity either. Heck, he enrolled at Indiana out of high school
and then dropped out after a month, ready to give up basketball forever.
After a year he was talked into playing at Indiana St. and came out of
college an older and more mature player and person. You look at the rookies
who have the reputation as being mature (Duncan, Van Horn, Kittles, Pierce)
They all went through their maturation process in college, not as the
captain of an NBA team.

I predict that AW will be fine given time.

Nathan A.
The North Bend Sports Page:
http://www.geocities.com/colosseum/arena/2430/sports.html

"Winning isn't everything, wanting to win is." - Vince Lombardi

"Hey, man, this is a new era for the Celtics. This is the Pitino Era. We're
about to play some ball here.... I hope teams understand they are
playing the Boston Celtics. We are not the rebuilding Boston Celtics. When
we're on our game, we can do some damage. Look at the Pitino Era. We're not
going to be blown out by teams. Do teams know that? If they don't, they
better ask somebody."  -- Kenny Anderson, Cetlics point guard