PP: One Bright Light

I too am depressed about the recent happenings of the Celtics, and the only
thing I can point to that is positive is Paul Pierce.  He currently ranks
#1 in steals in the NBA with 2.75 and 17th in scoring. I like that
number.....17.

For those of you who don't actually see the games, there is something else
about Pierce that I like. He is a team player through and through. It's
hard to explain, but you should see him around other players. He's
comfortable, fits in. He congratulates teammates on good plays like they've
been playing together forever. He is at ease on a basketball court.  He is
somewhere between Mercer and Walker in terms of personality. He thinks he's
good, but he's humble too. He's quiet, but is already asserting himself.
He's a Celtic.

Antoine AND Kenny should get a toungue lashing from Pitino. First, as
captain, do NOT yell at your teammate on the court like that. Second,
Kenny, VETERAN, don't get caught up in Antoine's crap. It's his crap.
Understand that. Walker was missing everything yesterday and kept calling
for the ball. Don't blame Kenny. With the way the C's play offense...one
pass, chuck it up, no offensive rebounds....there was no way that Kenny was
going to bust his hump on defense (now that's a new one to think about),
come down court and send it in to the black hole that is Antoine. Maybe on
another day, but not yesterday.

You should have heard them on sports talk radio yesterday after the game.
Talk of stripping Antoine's captaincy from him....and that was from Howard
David, the Celtics play-by-play man before the game was over. The talk
after the game was about getting rid of Walker. People were pissed! And
people kept commenting that if Howard David said it, and he was there, the
behavior MUST be bad.

Don't you think that Pitino creates some of the Antoine problems? For
example, everyone else HAS to live in Boston in the off-season....except
Antoine because of his daughter. What, other guys on the team don't have
kids? All of the exceptions seem to be for him.  RP: Monster-Maker or
Motivator?

TJL