Re: Pitino's brilliant plan

>I had mentioned this I belive last Wednesday, that Walker doesn't get the
>ball, when Anderson is at  point. I think the bickering is an aftermath of
>that. I can't imagine how can Walker take just 6 shots in a half and the C's
>hope to win. This thing has been happening since the Miami game..Walker is
>getting as many shots in a game as Dana Barros..go figure. - Mishra

You know...that's absolutely right. Dana Barros had 12 shots also! Look,
I'd feel a lot better about being patient if the Celtics didn't have a
coach who admits to leaving the offense up to his point guard while he
concentrates on defense. Now...under no circumstances should the offense be
delegated to a  point who isn't getting any assists. Something is seriously
wrong here. Pitino just doesn't have any control over what's happening.
There is no reason this team should've gotten blown out in Portland and
then gone to Washington only to get killed by a team that shot 30+%.
There's no reason Kenny Anderson gets three assists while their back up
point takes as many shots as Walker. Once again...Pitino wanted a small
forward...he got it: Pitino apparently has his dream point...the backcourt
should be set forever. So this is the offense that Pitino gives us. I
know...it's a shocking concept...but when they're losing double digits to a
team that's shooting miserably and Walker comes out of the half and hits 2
of his first 3, maybe someone should think about getting him going, getting
him involved. I suppose everyone just loves to see Pierce be the first
option, Mercer be the second option, and Walker and Barros fight over being
the third option while their point guard, who's in control of the offense,
gets three assists and the team gets drilled. I hope Pitino has booked his
room for the lottery again.

Paul M.